Copyright © 2024, Philip Robinson. All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part without prior permission of the creator

Wednesday 14 April 2021

Grenadiers, Heroes And Toxoti

 Some recent additions to the collections.

Having recently added some AB volksgrenadiers with Stg44s to my 1945 Germans I thought it only fair the humble rifle and LMG teams should also get some cold weather wear. While I was on I dug out these AB officer types, I bought them at one of the York shows, Tony actually served me that's how long a go it was.


Now I have plenty of Russian infantry and don't really need more but the AB Russians are so tempting I thought that adding more scouts from the range would cure me. For a while it did, then Tony goes and adds more packs, in particular one entitled Soviet Heroes. One is waving a Soviet flag, now I don't have a figure like that, what other excuse did I need?

Lastly I have added these rather nice Aventine archers to the sixth century Roman collection, no prizes for spotting the Smurf by the way, colour scheme inspired by Jonathan's Sea Peoples


Until next time have a care and KBO.

19 comments:

  1. More Russians! Splendid! Love Ivan with the red flag! The C6th Romans are wonderful too. The Germans? Well, they'll die!😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you kindly, but the Germans may der or das instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent brushwork, Phil! I provided inspiration on color scheme? Hurrah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jonathan, indeed a timely post by your good self as I couldn't decide on a colour scheme.

      Delete
  4. Very nice Phil and some good productivity, you can never have enough Russian Infantry to throw into the attack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Matt, more Russians indeed are needed especially the way Comrade Bikkliski drives them forward🙂

      Delete
  5. Always good to see more Russians and the German rank and file are good, the archers are excellent!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work Phil, I really like the officer with the map.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you George, unlike me he looks like he knows what he is doing🙂

      Delete
  7. Lovely toys Phil...
    I particularly like Les Schtroumpfs...

    All the best. Aly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you very much Aly, Father Abram is pleased too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Splendid work again. I was tempted by AB but I have far too many Britannia figures to start again. Plus they cost me nowt in the first place = result! Peep...peep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jon, no starting again here either just adding more troops for Dave to throw at the Germans, he likes that and I like painting them 🙂

      Delete
  10. Very well done on all of these! Funnily enough I have some of the very same AB figures sitting on my table right now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Nick, I shall look forward to seeing what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete