Copyright © 2024, Philip Robinson. All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part without prior permission of the creator

Wednesday 28 April 2021

German Forward Aid Post

 A while a go Piers Brand made a delightful (perhaps that's not the right word given the subject) British forward aid post in the lee of a wrecked Stug, Piers has kindly sent me a picture of it, see below.

Suitably inspired I decided to make a German one, I had all the suitable AB German figures, again bought at one of the York shows a few years ago and a knocked out T34 I have been using has table dressing or as an objective marker. One of the things I like about Battlegroup is that these type of things can have a role in the game rather than just be window dressing.






Below is the one by Piers that inspired my build.

By kind permission of Piers Brand

Hoping to get another Battlegroup game via Zoom arranged with George in the near future where it will no doubt make an appearance.

We are booked in for our second jab on Sunday, hurrah!

TTFN and KBO

34 comments:

  1. Superb, a very well crafted and balanced scene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Norm, Mr. Barton's finely sculpted figured really help.

      Delete
  2. That’s a gorgeous looking piece. Piers produces some inspirational work and is one of the great champions of 20mm. Add the great sculpts from AB and you have produced a winner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does indeed, himself and Mr. Barton are a great advert for the scale.

      Delete
  3. Its not bad... I suppose. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the inspiration, it keeps me from going to far down the 28mm path.

      Delete
  4. Outstanding work, Phil (and Piers)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jonathan, not something I would have thought doing with them, I would have gone with the obvious tent.

      Delete
  5. Not bad that you know, but 28mm is better of course. Shame you had to mention those awful rules though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will do, what rules would that be? Can't see any mention of awful rules only the superb Battlegroup set. Did I say Battlegroup? Indeed I did say Battlegroup.

      Delete
    2. I think your fingers slipped there, you meant to type Battleshite surely?😉

      Delete
    3. No definitely Battlegroup, probably the finest WWII rules in the world.

      Delete
  6. Such a nice place to rest...Splendid vignette!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice Phil......my aid station is slightly less impressive 🤔

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Matt, I am sure yours is just as fine nonetheless.

      Delete
  8. Splendid looking diorama and aid station!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  9. A splendid addition Phil. Perhaps I will need it tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you George, you and me both if my saves don't improve on the last game.

      Delete
  10. Excellent! I think I have some incomplete tanks, so maybe I will use your idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bartek, the idea and inspiration was all down to Piers.

      Delete
  11. Oh that's pretty darn cool Phil! Looks like I've to order a few more figures from AB ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely looking vignette Phil...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete