Copyright © 2024, Philip Robinson. All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part without prior permission of the creator

Wednesday 21 April 2021

M3A1

 I have recently completed this for the Italian campaign project,  Warlord kit with a Rubicon commander.



The project has come to a halt for now as I try and steal myself to assemble more of the god awful Perry plastic Americans. To quote "some pairs of arms work better on some bodies" very telling apart from the prone figures it doesn't say which ones. If they made more metal options I would bin the rest and buy them, I don't know why they fit so badly as the Wars of the Roses and Afrika Korps sets are a lot better, perhaps they are designed more for the look than practically? One good thing I will not be tempted by the plastic Franco- Prussians to re-visit the period🙂

Until next time KBO



16 comments:

  1. Splendid leetle tankie! Good to see you having a go at the overrated Perry's plaaaastic tatt! Naturally I agree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, rather disappointed with this set, a case of pandering to figure fiddler's rather than gamers.

      Delete
  2. The tank looks rather nice. I'm not a fan of plastics either Phil. Although they are sometime handy to pinch bits off for conversions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jon, well if anything will put me off it is this set.

      Delete
  3. This is a dandy little Stuart, Phil!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely looking Stuart! I like the WOTR, Napoleonic and hundred years war plastics,I have only assembled warlord WW2 figures and wasn't overly pleased with them!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain, perhaps I was spoilt by the other two sets, have only tried the Warlord blitzkrieg German sprues I had free. They were not too bad in the main.

      Delete
  5. Great looking M3.
    Sorry to hear of your travails. I assembled quite a few boxes of the Perry WWII British and they were lovely to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paul, it's a shame as it is nice set. I will steal myself to get the rest of the platoon done as I don't expect any new metal figures in the near future now FPW is flavour of the month.

      Delete
  6. Nice job, the tanker has a great posture, a nice Rubicon touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Norm. I particularly like this tank commander too.

      Delete
  7. I concur, nice tank Phil. Always metal for me although I can admire some of the plastic stuff from afar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you George. Plastics have never been my choice but platoon out of one box was a cheap option for the opportunity to play a different theatre and utilise my Spanish terrain at the same time.

      Delete