Copyright © 2024, Philip Robinson. All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part without prior permission of the creator

Thursday 18 June 2020

Tabletop Tatting

Although I enjoy painting and gaming Dave will attest that I am no happier than when I am tatting, here are the current bits at the tatting table.
Dug in, a term common to 20th century games so I thought that I would do something to mark troops as such, I had the Warlord Games German grenadier sprue that came free with a recent issue of Wargames Illustrated. Together with a MDF base, some Ironclad Miniatures sandbags, Milliput and a razor saw I set to. The July issue of WI has a free sprue of Warlord winter Germans, I will add one of these to accompany him in due course.




It would also make a rather nice Jump Off Point for Chain of Command, speaking of which below is a JOP I made awhile ago.
If you follow Dave's blog or saw his article in a recent Wargames Illustrated you will have seen the palazzo he made for the Italian Wars project. Dave order some parts from Sally 4th and had a tower section that he did not utilise which he kindly donated to me as I was planning to convert my Chinese town walls for a mountain top castle section. This was way to big to store with all my other pieces so fell by the wayside, I was looking at the tower on the to do shelf and thought that would make a fine looking blockhouse for the First Carlist War. Using the brick work as a guide I halved one of the sections and fished out a spare door from a Charlie Foxtrot building and my stock of coffee stirrers and made a start.
Apart from commissions I have not painted much on the figure front this month, I have splashed a bit on five Goth infantry, the half figure above and the Paul Hicks NHS charity figure below which is available through Empress Miniatures.



TTFN and KBO


18 comments:

  1. In fine Slartibartfarst mode there! Looking good so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The man in the foxhole looks superb and the art thief looks ready made for that particular escapade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Norm, shame to let free stuff go to waste.

      Delete
  3. That fox hole is splendid! Also, is that a picture of the fallen madonna with the big boobies? ;-)
    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Matt, it is indeed, judiciously concealing his giant knockwurst 🙂

      Delete
  4. Lovely varied collection of fun stuff!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Variety and fun is the spice of life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always fancied doing the dug in troops, but can't bring myself to cut guys up every penny being a prisoner. I do like the 'Fallen Madonna etc.'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't count if its plastic, it counts even less when it's free plastic🙂

      Delete
  7. Nice work Phil........you need to model them half way out then running as well with an empty foxhole ! I have ordered the charity lady as well 😷

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tremendous idea Matt, my troops do a lot of running, in the wrong direction usually.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely work Phil...
    And very nice to see one of my favourite pieces of art being rescued by an obvious connoisseur...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aly. Indeed he didn't want it getting in to the wrong hands🙂

      Delete
  10. G'Day Phil, just came across your site - love your painting. Added myself as a follower. Cheers Greg (Delta Coy).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome aboard DC, hope you will enjoy the ride.

    ReplyDelete