Copyright © 2024, Philip Robinson. All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part without prior permission of the creator

Sunday 7 June 2020

Scenery, A Work In progress

I have started work on my latest piece for Spain/Italy, for Spain it is the San Hermandez Hermitage, folk of a certain age may see what I did there.
The hermitage from Charlie Foxtrot Models, Badger Stynylrez surface primer from Barwell Body Works, the roof comes with the MDF kit the sloping bit pantiles are from Wills railway scenic range.
The arched storage shelter is from Warbases Roman range again with an added Wills pantile roof. It is painted first with Vallejo Burnt Cadmium Red and wet brushed with Vallejo Cavalry Brown, it will be dry brushed with a lighter orangey colour later.
The walls are from Empress Miniatures, the cobbles again from Wills, sadly I cannot recall where I got the pots from. The base is custom cut by Warbases.
 The well is from Irongate Scenery I continued to be amazed by what can be done with 3D printing.
I will add a garden between the cobbles and the hermitage, the front will just be textured earth, its a little upmarket has it is.

If you intend to venture into the Mediterranean I highly recommend Pat Smith's latest book, it is also useful for other settings too -    http://www.stevenlampon.co.uk/settingthescenevol2/

Until next time,

TTFN and KBO



12 comments:

  1. That's coming along really well and is set to be a spectacular addition to your scenery! (The teacher in me though feels obliged to mention that it's "...as it is." Sorry about that!πŸ˜‰)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely bit of real estate Phil...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good and keeping you busy πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Matt. I have no trouble keeping busy, I think I would go stir crazy if I wasn't.

      Delete
  4. Excellent as usual Phil, a lot of character there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you George, hope to get it on the table before the months out.

      Delete
  5. As George says, excellent!
    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work in progress, very nice!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain, I am looking forward to getting it on the table.

      Delete