Copyright © 2024, Philip Robinson. All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part without prior permission of the creator

Wednesday 3 April 2024

C3PO

No folks I have not gone over to the Dark Side with Star Wars Legion. It's a command base for the Italian Wars collection, the commander is a Steel Fist figure painted in natty guilded armour. I did contemplate giving him a banner but I didn't want to overshadow his ostentatious plumage. His drummer is from the Assault Group, base from Warbases as ever.
I am currently working on the next base of Byzantine cavalry, progress as been somewhat curtailed having being struck down with man flu.
Feeling a tad chipper today, so I will see if I can hold the brush steady and continue.
TTFN & KBO

22 comments:

  1. Lovely work, the Steelfist figure is a belter, great miniature and very well painted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donnie, they are very fine figures I have three more on my main command base which I must get into.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful bronze armor. He is a dandy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Jonathan, I just have to hope he commands as good as he looks🙂

      Delete
  3. Not bad for a sicko! Get well soon old friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man Flu? Stay away from the light....which is going to be darned difficult looking at that guy's armour! Excellent looking group.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you George, I certainly hope he inspires the troops

      Delete
  6. Nicely done. Inspires one to pick up the brushes.
    I look forward to the Byzantine cavalry, having just looked again at the WHAB book on the same.
    Stephen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephen, go on you know it makes sense.

      Delete
  7. Beautifully done Phil….you must be ill if you can’t paint !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Matt. If I hadn't got my flu jab I would most certainly have been knocked for six I feel.

      Delete
  8. There's no mistaking him for someone not worth ransoming - but then I guess that was the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A nice little command stand Phil…
    Just enough bling 😁

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aly. He has the bling but will he bite?

      Delete
  10. Splended work one again! A dandy if ever I've seen one....
    Lovely use of colour.

    ReplyDelete