Copyright © 2024, Philip Robinson. All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part without prior permission of the creator

Sunday 7 February 2021

Soviet Steel

 More additions to the 20mm World War II collection, as the title suggests to the Soviet forces this time in the form of two ISU52s.

The models are from S Models with RB barrels added, I decided not to add the AA MGs and the grab rails these are quite delicate items and I doubted they would survive the rough and tumble of the table top. The commander is a Foundry figure.




While I had 4BO in the air brush I thought it would be rude not to get this Warlord T34/85 painted up at the same time, which fellow blogger Norm sent me as a gift.

Just need Empress Miniatures to release some figures now😊.



Until next time keep safe, sane and KBO

24 comments:

  1. Nice job on the 'cat killers'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly but I hope they are not to successful on the cat killing score😉

      Delete
  2. Splendid additions to the Soviet arsenal! Not that I'm biased of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure they will serve you well comrade Bikkliski.

      Delete
  3. Very nicely done with a very natural weathered look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Norm, glad you approve of the weathering it is a fine balance of how far to go with it.

      Delete
  4. Very nice indeed...
    They have a nice brutal look to them...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aly, they are indeed brutal its as well they do not carry to much ammo😊

      Delete
  5. bloody lovely Phil, I really nice colour to.

    cheers
    Matt
    french Wargame Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! I always liked the look of the ISU. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you Paul, great to see another favourable comment on the weathering, has I always wonder if I have gone to far.

      Delete
  8. Do you do WWII in both 20mm and 28mm Phil? Nice tanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you George, I only did 20mm until Empress released their late war war Germans. I bought a couple of packs just to paint, suddenly I don't know how it happened😉 I had a platoon. Along came the Brits and........

      Delete
    2. Empress have impressed me with the late British as well, must resist, don't need any more.

      Delete
    3. Very tempting though, aren't they😈

      Delete