Copyright © 2024, Philip Robinson. All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part without prior permission of the creator

Monday 1 April 2019

Llevarlo a la Iglesia

Way back in 2017 inspired by the one Kevin and Peter had on their Game at Carronade, I ordered the Italeri church, I checked the web on the evening and  Hannants had one in the sale, result. Upon arrival it was promptly assembled and primed, then it was just as promptly side lined by other things, as you do.
Having come across the chaps at Valhalla Games U-Tube Bolt Action Videos I saw the church on their game and was inspired to get it finished, the kit is 1/72nd, though it looks fine on the table for 28mm, I did however have to change the side doors, even against a 20mm figure it is a tad low, I added an arch with Miliput and a metal door to the one side and changed the one on the other side to a decorative feature by adding a cross made from an MDF off cut.



Being a bit of a sad git I added a martin's nest to the bell tower.

Off to GHQ later for a SYW bash.

TTFN

18 comments:

  1. Very ecclesiastical there Phil! Nice idea to change the doors too. I look forward to it appearing in action next week! See you anon for our SYW bash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sir, but it will gave to wait another week to see the table.

      Delete
  2. Nice job on the restructuring of the door. I have seen the kit made up and it looks very good, with plenty of presence. Italeri sell a few items in their 28mm renage that look to be 1/72, but for the table, the smaller footprint works a treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Norm, it certainly looks the trick, just had to change the side doors though.

      Delete
  3. I have the houses which italeri did as well as the church and all are equally suitable for 28's, especially if you're going to install new doors.
    Like how you've painted it, nice colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stuart. The walls are Badger Minitaire, Mummy,washed with GW Serraphim Sepia, the roof is VMC Cadmium Red, wet brushed with Cavalry Brown, then washed with GW Agrax and drybrushed with VMC Red Leather.

      Delete
  4. All your adjustments worked a charm Phil and the finished product looks just lovely!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  5. That’s turned out rather well....
    The colour is lovely...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work Phil, your terrain collection is growing quite quickly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Matt, I may have to stop soon I am running out of room!

      Delete
  7. Nice job on a nice kit,I lived with the side doors to be honest but yours look great and I like the nest!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain, if I was just using it fir my "big" battle Carlist War games I could live with it too, but for Bolt Action/Chain of Command it just niggles too much.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you George. Thought Rawnsla should have a grander looking church.

      Delete