Copyright © 2024, Philip Robinson. All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part without prior permission of the creator

Saturday 31 December 2022

Doing Things By Half

I thought I would end the year with a post of things I completed over the Christmas period. All are additions to the various WWII forces and terrain.
First up a small building from Battlescale, to the fencing is from Wills with a textured Plastic card pathway all on a Warbases MDF base.
I highly recommend these buildings very cleanly cast, I ordered some ruined ones which arrived just before Christmas.
Next some M3 half-tracks to mechanise my US forces these are from PSC the passengers are Simons Soldiers available in the UK from Wargaming Miniatures, base again from Warbases.
Next up the start of my German Panzer Brigade to defend the Westwall.
A 250/9 close support half-track, again from PSC with an old Brittania Miniatures crew figure, base from Warbases. For those who get up hung up on colours for vehicles, same vehicle in different light conditions, makes you think doesn't it.
A 250/21 "Drilling" again PSC with the MGs from S&S Models, crew figures AB and you guessed it a Warbases base.
Hope you all had a joyous Christmas and that Santa provided at least some hobby gifts.
The first game if 2023 is scheduled at OHQ on Tuesday, a wintery WWII bash somewhere in Belgium.

Wishing you all a happy and prosperous New Year!
TTFN & KBO 

20 comments:

  1. Nice building! Very nice vehicles, especially the thingie!😉 Next game in Belgium eh? I must polish up my little grey cells!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave, polish those cells well they will be needed to achieve your first victory of the year

      Delete
  2. Phil, you knocked out quite a lot over the holidays. Great looking building and your armor builds are sublime.

    Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jonathan, they helped reach a healthy total for 2022.

      Delete
  3. Some very nice work on all these but I think the cottage might be my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Keith, it is a very fine building I am looking forward to getting onto the ruined ones.

      Delete
  4. Cracking work on both buildings and vehicles there Phil:).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Steve, glad you think my efforts are up to snuff.

      Delete
  5. Highly productive and all beautifully done. I have a couple of the Battlescale 20mm buildings and they are lovely, a perfectly small footprint, but with enough presence for the scale.

    On the two level building, I didn’t get an exact match between top floor and ground floor, so had to paste that out a bit - but they are in the queue, which I hope will see them done at some point soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Norm, I concur the buildings are just the right size and a pleasure to paint.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work as always Phil good to see some WW2 being prepped up. I have been doing likewise.👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Matt, I am in full WWII mode at the moment currently working on an American foot patrol.

      Delete
  8. Very nice end of year productions Phil…
    Happy New Year…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aly, here's to a fine new year of blogging.

      Delete
  9. Very nice work there Phil... the M3s are outstanding! Well done indeed sir! Thank you for sharing, and keep up the good work!
    Wishing you and yours a very happy and healthy 2023.

    ReplyDelete
  10. More splendid painting and modelling there! 😎

    ReplyDelete