Copyright © 2024, Philip Robinson. All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part without prior permission of the creator

Friday 27 March 2020

The Loneliness Of The Socially Distanced Wargamer

Yes folks I have entered the competition for the longest blog post title ( apologies to Alan Sillitoe), do you know of a longer one? (hyphenated ones don't count)
Here are a few items I have painted for my own collections in recent days, in progress are four Moors for the Spanish Civil War, two more Brits for WWII, a Russian izba and a PE-2 bomber for the Soviets.


20mm piggies for the Bikkliski Collective farm, from Pendraken if I remember correctly.


20mm fences for the Eastern Front, Ironclad Miniatures

Late war British infantry, Empress Miniature




Cards for Bolt Action solo, these can be downloaded off the Solo Wargaming With Miniatures FB page, I believe that they have also been added to Bolt Action FB page too.

Keep safe folks.

TTFN

20 comments:

  1. Glad to see I have gained some piggies! Can't help thinking several JS2s might be better though. I look forward to more posts from you now. Meanwhile, back to GHQ and those WI photographs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mr. Bailey, ISII's are on the list. After the Panthers though :~)

      Delete
  2. Looks great! Glad to see your keeping busy.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christopher. Its the one thing one can do.

      Delete
  3. I do like those British, great figures excellent painting. Might try the solo BA myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you George. BA is ideal for solo play, with the cards they will be better, although I plan to add the spotting mechanism from Battlegroup.

      Delete
    2. joined the Solo guys for those cards, first up though is a SYW game.

      Delete
    3. Look forward to reading of your solo set to's in due course

      Delete
  4. Nice piggies. My Ironclad fencing for 15mm arrived in the post an hour ago, as you say, ideal for eastern front scenarios.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Norm. John makes some mighty fine pieces.

      Delete
  5. Nice stuff Phil. I've been thinking of some solo stuff too. Happily Victoria is also up for playing some Star Wars: Legion with me for a gaming fix ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paul. The hint of playing fell on stony ground here :~)

      Delete
  6. I don't do the facebook thing so I have no access to those card files. Could you mail them to me? greg.bradfield72@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job, title...and wonderful piggies !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Certainly no need to be lonely and plenty of people out in the virtual world happy to provide some external input to games or projects 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, hope to be reporting on my solo Bolt Action effort in due course, want to finish a couple more Brits first though🙂

      Delete
  9. A nice mix of toys Phil...
    I would be rather surprised if any wargamers get bored... I can’t imagine what life would be like without a creative hobby...
    As the the solo game... At least you know you will win.... and lose of course...

    Or possibly even a draw...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Aly. Win, lose or draw, it's the taking part that counts ( that's what I tell myself anyway🙂)

    ReplyDelete