Copyright © 2024, Philip Robinson. All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part without prior permission of the creator

Wednesday 4 November 2020

Legio Quinta Macedonica

 I have recently completed the second unit for my  Byzantine forces, with possibly the prettiest shields in the Notitia Dignitatum one just has to have the Quinta in ones army.

All figures are from the beautiful new Early Byzantine range from Aventine Miniatures, the detail that Adam incorporates is amazing, although it does add to the painting time :~)

I have also incorporated the separate base of archers for my earlier unit onto to the base to match the Quinta, I think it looks better.







I currently have some Perry Miniatures WWII Germans for the Italian Front in progress, these will complete the platoon then its on with the Americans.

Keep safe, KBO and TTFN

27 comments:

  1. 10/10! Those will most definitely do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a 10 out of 10...
    Beautiful work indeed...

    Would they have fought the Vandals?

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another fine endorsement thank you.

      They were down as being stationed in Egypt.

      Delete
    2. Sassanids then...
      I look forward to seeing your first units 😂

      Delete
    3. I have been perusing the Aventine range recently🙂

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Jonathan.
      Greatly aided by the fine sculpting.

      Delete
  4. Wow! Maybe +1 for presentation so 11/10.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, the second photo really shows off the splendour of the unit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Norm. My photo taking skills must be getting better🙂

      Delete
  6. Nice work...Phil ,colourful unit and good looking base. The majority of my ancient figures are still on individual bases so I have a bit more flexibility.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Matt, we only use two rule sets and are not likely to change so flexibility isn't an issue.

      Delete
  7. Stop doing this Phil, I don't need another army. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you George. Of course you don't need another army, I didn't but...

      Delete
  8. Lovely looking Byzantines! Splendid finish and I have to admit to sneaking a peek at their site,very nice figures!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain. They are indeed wonderful figures, very tempted by the Sassanids for next years project.

      Delete
  9. Impressive shields and cracking job on these Byzantines Phil!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phil. Those LBMS shield transfers are a God send, I remember having to paint all the shields on my Minifigs late Romans.

      Delete
  10. Oh! Love those! Excellent work and I agree on the bases looking better with the archers. Only disagree on the shields. Ioviani Seniores look way cooler 😎

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Nick, the Ioviani may be cool but they are not pretty;~)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. Thank you Jon, trust you are keeping well, I am sure they will be keeping you busy.

      Delete