Copyright © 2024, Philip Robinson. All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part without prior permission of the creator

Sunday 26 March 2017

Anarchy In The Stables

I have completed four anarchist militia in my bid to make up a full centuria of forty figures, this is part of my kick started Spanish Civil War collection, I have been mulling over starting a new period recently, but has Dave pointed out, "why are you doing that when you have others already on the go" So a reality check and the Spanish Civil War is my new/old project, it has even got me reading again, I picked up a copy of  "English Captain" by Tom Wintringham back in 2008, read two chapters and that was it, I am back to it now after eight years! (my how time flies)
It was not until I uploaded the photo to the PC that I saw how out of focus it was, my photography skills do not improve, I think I will stick to the IPad in future, at least I can see the display!
  Anyway you get the general idea, I was quite amused by the illustration of the anarchist milicano on the cover of the recent Osprey with the government tricolour arm band, a bit of a contradiction I thought, I just had to replicate it.
Now onto the the completed stable yard............................................




 I have added two firing steps since the last post, these are Ainsty jetty pieces I had lying around from one of our demo games back in the day.
Off to GHQ tomorrow for the start of our America through the ages Black Powder games, starting with an American Revolution game. 

TTFN 

14 comments:

  1. Lovely figs...and an even lovelier stable yard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, love the CNT and especially like that stable yard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paul, gotta love the CNT, or perhaps not eh, Dave.

      Delete
  3. 40 Anarchists? At least I won't have to worry about orders! Great figures and marvellous stable and yard, the water in the troughs worked well. See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you David. That is two units of twenty you understand ;~)

      Delete
  4. Very nice, enjoy your game tomorrow. I also find the iPad better for photos than my camera.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you George. I shall certainly try and show those colonials the error of their ways.

      Delete
  5. Nice figures and lovely buildings 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fine looking troops and buildings Phil!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely figures and the stable has come out really well.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Iain, I am quite pleased with how they turned out myself, looking forward to getting them on the table in April at some point.

      Delete