Copyright © 2024, Philip Robinson. All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part without prior permission of the creator

Sunday 16 July 2023

Holidays

 Has I mentioned in my previous post, on our way home I planned to do a slight detour to take in Attack! at Devizes.

It is at a local school so the show is split over several rooms which makes it look not very busy but it certainly seemed busy to me. It had a nice mix of traders and games, several you don't see in our neck of the woods, a modest spend by yours truly but see later.

Some games which caught my eye
Below, 28mm Arnhem, Oosterbeck western flank perimeter by Hereford Old Guard.

Pyrrhus  V Romans by Skirmish Wargames.


West Country smuggling, 28mm by Combined Oppos.



Show loot


Now the holiday bit you can skip so you do not get bored, but they are mostly military related.

Tintagel

The Duke of Cornwall's Light Infantry Museum, Bodmin

We popped into Devizes town for lunch these caught my eye, a turreted spire, 15th century houses and the town lock up.


On returning home this order from Perry Miniatures I ordered while away were awaiting me, hence the modest show spend.  

A First Carlist War game is planned for Tuesday, stand by for that, until then......

TTFN & KBO

18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Lots there to enjoy besides the ones I photographed.

      Delete
  2. Attack looks a decent show judging from your pictures and comments. I'm pleased you fitted in some hobby related visits too. Nice to be reminded what we are playing on Tuesday too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it wasn't half bad, worth the slight detour.

      Delete
  3. Nice show Phil, good that you could detour to it. There is a bloke on YouTube who has covered the show this morning and it does look good. I thought it was one room and quiet, so your comment that it was several rooms and busy bodes well for the show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Edit - here is a link to that video. https://youtu.be/EyV65looyJs

      Delete
  4. Good to see you out and about. As others have said, show looks good as do your visits to the historical sites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jonathan, the show rounded the trip off nicely.

      Delete
  5. I do love the old "split between many rooms" shows. Reminds me of the shows of yore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, the individual rooms certainly help dissipate the crowed feel and it was a lot better for me to hear people with less background noise

      Delete
  6. An interesting post Phil, and Attack impressed, some really nice tables there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you George, the show was well worth the stop off.

      Delete
  7. Clearly a very well planned holiday Phil…
    Lovely pictures.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aly, my thirty plus years of production planning experience is still lurking in there it appears.

      Delete
  8. Family stuff and the weather precluded my hoped attendance on Sunday, so thanks for posting a few pics of the show. Some years ago I attended with friends, but it was all rather strung out and hard to locate some halls, so we were never sure if we missed anything or not. A good mix of game and traders though so hopefully next year the stars might align for my attendance...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't have a floor plan so it was quite interesting trying to locate Bicorne I just followed the trail of people to the various parts🙂

      Delete
  9. Some very nice tables at Attack this year. Pity I couldn’t make it along

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was indeed, some nice participation games too.

      Delete