Copyright © 2024, Philip Robinson. All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part without prior permission of the creator

Thursday 29 June 2023

Skirmishers

Not sure about you but when I get a collection out for a game I get an urge to paint and add something to the collection. The recent First Carlist War game was no exception, luckily I still have several figures in "stock" so it would not frighten the fighting fund.
Rather than paint a large unit for one side I decided to paint a small skirmisher unit for both sides.
For the Carlists some Valencian volunteers.
For Isabelino forces British Auxillary Legion riflemen.
We played a Post Roman Britannia game earlier in the week unfortunately the poor light quality that day made taking photos a none starter. Just for the record the Saxons avenged the demise of Pendafud in the previous game with a victory.
Although I have projects in progress something new this way comes...............
TTFN & KBO

30 comments:

  1. I’m liking those skirmishers! Very nicely done 😎

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carlist War figures are always funto see, , these are wonderful little things you've brought to life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turned out well and quickly there! Glad you mentioned the game though...πŸ˜‰

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am drawn by the same urge to paint. Splendid results on your your newly recruited skirmishers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't beat a good game to inspire adding more. Thank you Jonathan.

      Delete
  5. Great painting on some great figures

    ReplyDelete
  6. What can I say but lovely work Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely toys as always Phil…
    Good to hear that the butterfly has landed somewhere new…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aly. The problem will be keeping it grounded πŸ˜‚

      Delete
  8. I enjoyed seeing these, not least because my father painted the Riflemen I have, while I've painted the Valencians.
    I have some Royal Marines started that I must get back too but like most of us i have other projects to distract me.
    I look forward to hearing about your new project.
    Stephen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephen. One must have "other projects" on the go it's the lawπŸ™‚

      Delete
    2. Thank you Stephen. One must have "other" projects it's the lawπŸ™‚

      Delete
    3. Thank you Stephen. One must have "other" projects it's a givenπŸ™‚

      Delete
  9. Lovely, lovely units and I look forward to seeing what your new project cum diversion is...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Steve. Figures arrived today and stocked up on paint yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely bases there, I especially like the kneeling down guys, your brush has certainly brought the character of those soldiers out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Always good to start something new Phil!
    I'm sure that your existing and future projects will continue to inspire us all...
    Very nice skirmish bases there, wonderful additions to a fine collection.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They look great but I particularly like the basing, that looks very nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by and the kind comments by Mark

      Delete