Copyright © 2024, Philip Robinson. All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part without prior permission of the creator

Wednesday 29 March 2023

Arthur or Belisarius

Take your pick. I have recently been reorganizing my Post Roman Britain collection to enable us to play Hail Caesar with three divisions a side each of four units. I have had to paint up some left over Goth infantry, not exactly Saxons but they will do for me to make up the Saxon army. On the Romano British side I only needed to paint four figures so I utilized some spare Early Byzantine figures. Which is where this chap comes in.
Sold by Footsore Miniatures as Belisarius I bought him for the early Byzantine project, to make up an extra base of cavalry for the Brits I used the Footsore Arthur and bannerman figures. This figure will now be the new Arthur. 
All being well real life permitting we will have the Brits and Saxons on the table here at OHQ on Tuesday.
Until then..........TTFN & KBO

20 comments:

  1. Well he is just splendid Phil. It will be such a shame when he's put to flight🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Arthur! …. A lovely figure and paint job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Norm, let's hope he inspires the troops

      Delete
  3. Wonderful work and let's hope he does well on the table:).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Steve, I am keeping my fingers crossed.

      Delete
  4. A splendid looking figure Phil…
    He deserves to win..

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aly, I have sacrificed a figure to the dice gods so here's hoping.

      Delete
  5. A beautiful job Phil, l’m too superstitious to change leaders.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank George. Re. Changing leaders it would cost too much with all the dice you replace😂

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicely done Phil and he has already dodged two arrows !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Matt. Just have to hope it's not third time unlucky 🙂

      Delete