Copyright © 2024, Philip Robinson. All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part without prior permission of the creator

Tuesday 2 March 2021

Now For Something................................

Completely different.



40mm American War of Independence, Front Rank Figurines.

No I am not off on another tangent this a test figure for a commission, 28mm Front Rank figures are a joy to paint and their 40mm is no different.

I have not been completely idle on my own collections, I have rebased the Goth warband units rather than have the additional base tagged on the back shown in a previous post, they now look the part I feel. I have not taken a photo as I am hoping to get them on the table for a game soon.

When I want to field a Volksgrenadier platoon in Battlegroup games I am a bit weak on Stg44 armed figures so I ordered up these AB Figures, received and painted within a week so that I could enter them in the Battlegroup FB group build for February. No prizes just a spur to get some of your plastic pile and lead lump down.


As with Front Rank, AB Figures are a pleasure to paint.

TTFN and KBO


12 comments:

  1. Phil a really nice application of muted colour on the 40mm, looks just right. The AB have come up a treat, the epaulette really sets them off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Norm, was pleased with how the AWI figure came out, AB figures are a dream, if I as starting out they would be my go to.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous brushwork, Phil! The Colonial in hunting shirt is striking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the commission! Shame about the Krauts' fate though...😁

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work Phil, the 40 mm looks lovely would make a nice collection but a lot of storage space !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Matt. Just think of all those 40mm buildings as well.

      Delete
  5. Great looking figures and I agree with you one hundred per cent.....both Front Rank and AB are lovely figures to paint. I have been tempted to consider 40mm for skirmish level games, I must admit....but have resisted so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Keith, 40mm is indeed most tempting for skirmish games and the AWI is ideal for skirmish games,

      Delete
  6. Lovely work Phil! Especially like your work on those AB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Nick, I see you have ventured into the one true scale for WWII😉

      Delete