Copyright © 2024, Philip Robinson. All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part without prior permission of the creator

Tuesday 12 May 2020

T48 Tank Destroyer Or.....

SU57 if you are a Soviet. Never used in anger by Britain and America, the ones not supplied to the Soviet Union under the Lend-Lease agreement were converted back to standard M3A1 halftracks.
The Soviets designated it the SU57, it first saw action during the 1943 Dnepr River Offensive in the Ukraine with the 16th Separate Tank Destroyer Brigade, some units of this brigade went on to fight in the Berlin and Prague campaigns.
The model is a cut and shut from S and S Models using the Plastic Soldier Company M3, the crew in the front seats are the PSC crew with head swops from SandS, being a sad git I added shoulder boards with Miliput, the crew in the rear are AB Figures.
The conversion kit from S and S includes the M3 sprue, you do not need to buy the PSC box although I believe it is out of stock at the moment.

TTFN

16 comments:

  1. A nice looking bit of kit Phil...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aly.
      Not the most robust tank destroyer but I like it.

      Delete
  2. Nice work Phil .....I am closing my eyes and imagining those shoulder boards. ๐Ÿ‘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Matt. A pointless job really but when I know something should be there and isn't it bugs me๐Ÿ™„

      Delete
  3. Great looking tank destroyer! I'm sure if I could see the shoulder boards I would be impressed!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain. Don't know about that but I think they will do.

      Delete
  4. Not another kit I am going to need Phil, cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cute isn't it, definitely a shoot and scoot vehicle๐Ÿ™‚

      Delete
  5. That's a grand end product Phil. I look forward to utilizing it sometime in a game...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kind Sir, and I shall endeavour to destroy it for a "5"๐Ÿ™‚

      Delete