Copyright © 2024, Philip Robinson. All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part without prior permission of the creator

Saturday 18 January 2020

First Carlist War Progress

I recently completed another base of Perry Miniatures, Royal Marines, the battalion now has three bases, so a small unit for our game this week.
Inspired by the ones I saw on RogerC's Blog I thought it high time the artillery got some transportation. The limber was sourced from Hinds Figures, the mules from Tiger Miniatures, the mule handler is a Perry Miniatures infantryman painted in artillery distinctions, bases from Warbases of course. I also got from Hinds a limber for the Isabelino horse artillery, the horses I will source from Front Rank Miniatures in due course, in the meantime I have converted a heavy cavalryman to ride one of the limber horses.


A while ago Dave's son Matt kindly gave us some matting, hanging basket material from a garden centre I believe, I have had a piece cut out for a few weeks, with the upcoming War of the Triple Alliance project I thought this would make an excellent area of swampy/flooded ground so set to. I am pretty sure this will also double for marshy ground on the Eastern Front

I will be back later next week with a report on how the First Carlist war action went all being well.

TTFN

26 comments:

  1. Excellent progress on the FCW project, keep at it. The limber, mules and attendant figure have come out really well. Does the swamp need more drybrushing to tone it down more or is it a photo illusion?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kind Sir. Not sure about the terrain, the Mato Grosso appears quite verdant in photos.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful looking pieces Phil! Really like that limber which I always seem to enjoy seeing.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely mule and limber combo!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good progress Phil and it definately works as a swamp ! In any period

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice work again! The limber is really cool and something you don’t see all that often on any gaming table. But the true stars here are the Royal Marines, resplendent in their red and blue livery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nick. Yes indeed limbers are something of an afterthought by most gamers, I suppose folk like to spend on fighting units.

      Delete
  6. Very, very nice. The Perry's do scrub up well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Matt. Indeed they do, shame about those vent runs really, just cleaned up 54 Triple Alliance figures.

      Delete
    2. Careful, the 'Goldfish Gamers' will think that's an army!😉

      Delete
    3. At least six figures short that ;~)

      Delete
  7. Great progress on the project, love the limber too.

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Matt. More cavalry in progress at the moment.

      Delete
  8. Nice stuff Phil, I do like that swamp, tutorial?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you George, I will be doing one for Dave and another for myself shortly, I will do one.

      Delete
  9. Lovely Toys Phil...
    I do like the marines....

    Watch out that you don’t get bogged down in the Paraguayan War....

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Aly.

    I saw what you did there, very droll.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome limber, marines and swamp, great post Phil!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Phil have just tried to open your latest blog report the carlist battle report but it is saying it doesn’t exist ? Not sure why might be my system but just so you know 🤔

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Matt, Blogger is being a complete arse as usual, can't complete the blog on any device, you can see as far as I got now.

      Delete
  13. Lovely work Phil. I think that the Perry Spanish Napoleonic limbers will mix really well with the Carlist sets. I really like that swamp material...have younthought of showing tutorial?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mark. I will be making more pieces in the near future I will,(Blogger permitting, see above reply) do one then so that I can show each stage.

      Delete