Copyright © 2024, Philip Robinson. All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part without prior permission of the creator

Sunday 28 May 2017

Práctica Aguda 1937, The Prologue

Well sort of ;~) following last week's game at GHQ I was rather taken with the use of deployment points, akin to the jump off points in  Chain of Command, which I also like. I thought that I would incorporate them in our next game when using Bolt Action rules, indeed I have also used the Defence In Depth scenario from SP2. When an order dice is drawn the owner player can deploy a unit within 6" of its DP but must also be at least 12" away from any deployed enemy unit. The unit however cannot be given a move order and if given a fire order will count as moving.
Each side will dice for for the number of support points available as per the scenario, they will be spent on the support choices from CoC Espana support option lists.
A random event dice will be added to dice bag, when drawn a card will be drawn, from six drawn randomly from my stack of eighteen.

To be continued...............

4 comments:

  1. A bit of a Frankenstein's monster of rules there Phil, but in a good way.

    Allowing deploying units to shoot but not move was CoC's way of handling hidden units and proper ambushes. It does create some "Schrödinger's AT Gun" moments, but I've always liked it.

    I'm actually in the process of working on CoC: España III here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jim, I like the deploy and fire too, eliminates some of the wargamers all seeing eye.
      CoC III, that's interesting news, I am trying valiantly to paint up some full platoons for CoC, doesn't really work with my mix and match forces at the moment.

      Delete
  2. Very interested in conversion of Patrol phase to BA. I can't make my mind up about the whole JOP thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the JOP thing, but I can't help feeling that it is far too controlled for the SCW, hence using the SP 2 method. Will see how it goes tomorrow.

      Delete